Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Help! How do you prevent scabbing on your upper lip after using a depilatory cream?

I just used a depilatory creme on my upper lip 30 minutes ago, and while the creme was on my face, it didn't hurt, but after I wiped it off with a damp cloth, it started turning red and felt irritated. Is this normal? And what should I use to prevent it from leaving a huge scab on my face? I put aloe vera gel (it's all I have in my med.cabinet atm)on the area, and it helped to calm down the burn, but I'm not sure if it'll prevent scabbing.Help! How do you prevent scabbing on your upper lip after using a depilatory cream?
Ouch! No that feeling is not normal. Always do a patch test before putting anything on your face. If you did do this, you may have left the product on too long. I have burned my legs with depilatory creams before by doing just that. You are going to need to moisturize a good deal to avoid scabbing much as well as to allow it to heal faster. The aloe was a smart move but you'll need something richer like phisoderm facial moisturizer or eucerin. Try to avoid regular face moisturizers as they may have too much alcohol and may make your skin burn and become more irritated. You need something soothing for sensitive skin like the moisturizers I mentioned above or possibly something for burns-that may help you heal quicker. Good Luck %26amp; in the future consider waxing, thats what I do and it doesn't hurt half as much as you think and feels a lot better then that burning feeling from the cream. It grows back slower %26amp; softer too!Help! How do you prevent scabbing on your upper lip after using a depilatory cream?
This should not happen! It may get red and irritated but I doubt it will make a scab. In any case, don't use the depilatory any more, you are obviously sensitive to it. Try waxing instead.





For now, aloe vera should work. Keep on applying it as necessary. Also take some aspirin or ibuprofen to minimize swelling and pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites