Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I just used hair removal cream for my upper lip and it burns?

i just got hair removal cream the brand is Sally Hansen





I put it on the 1st time i was fine didn't feel a thing





The I put it on a 2nd time because it didn't come off completely. It was still ok.





Then the 3rd time it burned. I took if off 3 minutes later (i'm suppose to do that everytime)





Now it burns! My upper lip is red. and when i strech it it hurts a little. I put ice on it it reduced the burning a little but its still red and it urn wen i strech it.


And i don't know should I use any cream because it says


DO NOT use an soaps or any soaps or astringents for 2 hours before or after treatment.





And i put the cream over SOME of my acne. If i touch my upper lip its smooth, no hair, and its normalI just used hair removal cream for my upper lip and it burns?
It sounds like you may have given yourself a chemical burn from too much repeated use of the product. If you haven't already, thoroughly wash the area to make sure there is no residual hair remover in your pores, then if you have some Bacitracin ointment, apply it as soon as you can and put it on after washing your face each day until it starts feeling better. You can use Neosporin, but Bacitracin is better. You can get it over the counter at any pharmacy.





Hopefully your burn isn't serious...if it is, there may be some scabbing later on while it heals.





If I were you, I would avoid using hair removal products on the face altogether. Your skin may just be too sensitive for it, even the facial formula.I just used hair removal cream for my upper lip and it burns?
That's really normal if you use it 3 times in a row...


Just use it once, then if there are any leftover hairs just pluck them. Also, try not to get the cream to close to your lip because it will burn the skin on your lip, and that will irritate your upper lip skin. That's probably why it's all red, beside the fact you put it on three times.
Use nothing except cool washcloth . If it is red and unsightly in the AM, call your Dr. Even on Sun. there should be someone on call who could order a cream.; or a walk-in clinic . If it's bad don't wait untill Mon. I t happened to me. If it were me, I would take aleve or motrin for inflammation, but I can't advise that for you.
Im not sure exactly which one you are using and the directions on it, but most tell you do not reapply after the first time and to wait a few days to a week before applying again. I would keep a cool cloth on it and maybe apply some burn cream, if it really hurts and concerns you then consult your doctor.
Unless it specifically says it's for the face, you should NOT have put hair removal creme on your face. Read the bottle, it probably tells you that somewhere.
This is probably why you have acne, quit putting chemicals on your face. Your skin / tissue is an organ, living. All those chemicals soak into your skin and cause reactions. Look for some natural products from a health store.
That happened to me once, and all you need to do is dab it with water for a little while until it cools down, apply lotion (facial!), anddd if it still burns, haha. sorry.
you might of just had a reaction to it. wet a washcloth with cool water and just hold it there for a little while. it should be fine.
clean your lip with rubbing alcohol, on prefferably, hydrogen peroxide. then let it dry and put lotion on it.
you now have a chemical burn.


That happens with most hair removal cream.


you should apply Vaseline or a baby cream to the spot.


I hope this helps


Cheers
don't use it anymore. don't use hair removal cream on your upper lip i tried it once and the hair grew back reallllyyy fast. get it waxed or bleach it.
Where's the question?





It also burns when you use it on your pubes.
its normal. it will be back to normal by tommorow. If not, see your doctor.
I think you should do what you are doing but only do it if you REALLY need it so it doesn't burn as much.
you get ******
I think it's normal. It should go away soon. However, I don't suggest using hair removal cream for your upper lip. You should use wax, because it looks better, lasts a lot longer and you don't get as much irritation. Besides, leaving the root, your hair might get thicker after a few times, which isn't great. And don't go for cheap brands. Buy something by Veet. It's the best brand I know and it's worth it because products for a small area like the upper lip last forever.





I recommend you apply lip balm and no other cream for other products might make it burn even more.





And don't rub it with alcohol, as someone suggested. Those boys are trying to be funny.
Ha-ha i wouldn't have applied it so many times but since you have i think that your skin might have had a reaction to the chemicals in the bottle and considering you practically burned the skin on your upper lip.





When i first tried this too (i only applied it once) my upper lip starting burning and it turned very red. I just ran cold water on it for a while and put some Vaseline on it and in the morning put some Neosporin on it as well.





I would next time try a razor or waxing. I really don't like using the hair removal cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites