Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My lips get really red and swell every time I brush my teeth and shave with shaving cream ?

I use chap stick to try to alleviate the swelling, but they just stay red and I feel them very uncomfortable. It must be some ingredient in both the shaving cream and toothpaste that I am allergic or something, but how can I know? My lips get really red and swell every time I brush my teeth and shave with shaving cream ?
Everytime I use Crest toothpaste my lips swell awful! Try something really bland like Arm and Hammer baking soda toothpaste or Aim for a bit and see if that helps. With the shaving you may need to let your pores open up more before you shave, use hot water or a steamy shower a few moments longer then what you have, also try a new razor blade and cream for sensitive skin.


Also, are you using any facial moisturizer? or aftershave? those might be culprits too. Change one thing at a time and see whats bothering your senses. Hope this helps! My lips get really red and swell every time I brush my teeth and shave with shaving cream ?
Sounds like you might be allergic. Check the ingredients on both and see if they contain any of the same thing. Then go try to find toothpaste and shaving cream that do not have those chemicals if that is at all possible. They do make things like that in organic, maybe you should try them. Not sure where you get them though or the price but if you need it you need it. You can't go around with swollen lips.
Many shaving creams contain an ingredient called lanolin. A large number of people are allergic to it. You could try to use a lanolin-free brand of shaving cream or gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites